ANIMALS OR PETS
Dogs, cats and other live animals are not permitted on any Academy buses. However, a service animal, used for the purpose of accompanying a disabled person, will be permitted to travel with the disabled person at no additional charge. This animal must be under the control of its owner at all times and must ride in the customer’s space. The animal may not travel in the bus aisle or occupy a seat. Academy reserves the right to refuse passage to any animal that poses a direct threat to the health and safety of other customers, Academy personnel or contractors
A passenger’s personal baggage shall be transported in the same vehicle with the passengers, subject to available accommodations. No additional charge will be made for the transportation of baggage. The Company assumes no liability therefore. Baggage is not checked. Academy assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged baggage and contents.
When you provide 48 hour advance notice, we can better assist you. In lieu of this notice, Academy will make every reasonable effort to help you if this accommodation will not delay the departure of the schedule in which you wish to travel. If a wheelchair lift bus is not available or requested, alternative boarding assistance will be provided. This assistance will be provided if it can be accomplished in such a manner that it does not compromise the safety of all involved.
When accompanied by an adult, children under 5 years of age not occupying a seat to the exclusion of other passengers may ride free. Children under 5 years of age occupying a seat to the exclusion of other passengers pay the regular adult fare.
DAMAGED OR LOST TICKETS/PASSES
Academy will not replace or grant refunds for tickets/passes that have been lost, stolen or are in such damaged condition that they are unreadable.
For the comfort of all passengers, please observe these rules while riding the bus: NO smoking, NO eating or drinking, NO littering, NO radios without headphones, NO personal items on the seat next to you, and please limit cell phone usage to urgent calls while onboard.
HOLIDAY SERVICE SCHEDULES
Academy will operate Sunday service on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Martin Luther King Day and President’s Day will operate on modified schedules with limited service to Wall Street. There will be NO Wall Street service on any of the other holidays listed. On all other holidays, or on days before or after major holidays, there may be service adjustments made to our normal schedules. Please check notices posted in terminals, on buses, or on the homepage.
All inquiries for lost, unchecked articles such as umbrellas, hats, etc. transported in the custody of passengers should be made within (10) days at this office: 890 Route 36, Leonardo, NJ 07737 - 732-291-1300 x2553
TICKETS AND TRANSFERS TO OTHER ZONES
(This applies only to services operated solely by Academy Bus.)
All tickets, including monthly pass, are transferable between the Port Authority and Wall Street zones if the purchase price is identical.
Monthly passes presented of lower value than the destination zone fare will NOT be accepted for boarding. The passenger will be required to purchase a one-way ticket or pay the equivalent fare in cash to the driver. Monthly passes will be accepted for boarding any route where the destination zone fare is lower than the fare paid for the monthly pass. The monthly pass is not transferable from passenger to passenger and must be openly displayed at the time of boarding.
Academy reserves the right to refuse to transport any person or persons under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs, or who is incapable of taking care of himself or herself, or whose conduct is such or is likely to be such as to make him or her objectionable to other passengers. Exception: Provisions of this item do not apply to persons who are ill and accompanied by an attendant or nurse.
OXYGEN AND RESPIRATORS
Portable oxygen and respirators may accompany you on your trip with Academy. A maximum of four canisters may travel with the customer. Two canisters will be transported in the passenger compartment of the bus and two will be stored in the baggage compartment. The maximum dimension for these canisters cannot exceed 4.5 inches in diameter and 26 inches in length. Oxygen canisters that are to stored in the baggage compartment must be enclosed in cases and have safety caps on the tank.
Photography of Academy personnel and equipment is prohibited.
1. All one-way tickets which have not been used for transportation will be refunded at the purchase price less 15% handling cost, provided demand for refund is made within the expiration date set forth on the ticket.
2. Unused portions of round trip tickets will be refunded at the difference between the purchase price and the one-way fare between points designated thereon, provided demand for refund is made within the expiration date set forth on the ticket.
3. All ten trip tickets which are presented for refund will be refunded on the basis of the purchase price less the one-way fare for each used fare ticket, provided demand for refund is made within the expiration date set forth on the ticket. Non-refundable tickets will be used in lieu of cash desired on a one time per year basis.
4. A fifteen percent (15%) handling charge will be applied to all refund requests.
5. All monthly passes are non-refundable.
6. All applications for refunds must be made to the carrier’s office at: 890 Route 36, Leonardo, NJ 07737.
SENIORS AND DISABLED CUSTOMERS
Passengers 62 years of age or older ride at the senior citizen reduced fare at all times. Customers purchasing senior citizen tickets at ticket windows are not required to provide any proof of age. When a passenger presents a senior citizen ticket or pays a senior citizen cash fare to a driver, they must present a valid ID (one of the following; NJ Transit Reduce Fare ID, Medicare Card, Driver's License, Passport, Birth Certificate, State-Issued Non-Driver's ID, County, Medicaid or Military ID, MTA Reduced Fare Care, or a PA Senior Citizen ID or Pace Card) to obtain reduced fare.
Passengers with disabilities must present a NJ Transit Reduced Fare ID or Medicare Card to obtain the reduced fare.
For Senior and Disabled Citizens, Applications for a NJ Transit Reduced Fare ID/Card may be obtained from:
Reduced Fare Program
One Penn Plaza, 5th Floor
Newark, NJ 07105
Or by calling NJ Transit Reduced Fare Office at 973-491-7112.
Passengers not providing proper ID will be charged a full fare.
STORAGE OF MOBILITY AID DEVICES
Passenger mobility aid(s) may travel inside the bus if they can be safely stowed in the overhead compartments. Units that cannot be safely stowed in the bus will be placed in the bus’ baggage compartment if possible. Academy assumes no liability for damage to these devices. Please allow sufficient time for the stowing of any mobility aids. This will prevent delays in departure.
1. One-way fares named herein apply in either direction between the stations designated.
2. Round-trip fares named herein apply only between the stations and in the direction named on each portion of the ticket issued therefore.
3. The fare to/from a point not shown herein shall be the fare to or from the next more distant point.
1. One-way or one round-trip tickets are valid for one (1) year
2. Ten (10) trip tickets are valid for thirty (30) days
3. Monthly pass is valid only for the specific month of use
4. Replacement tickets are available on 10-trip, prior to expiration date.
NOTE: No refunds will be granted after expiration date printed on ticket.
Click here to view Academy's travel policy.
TITLE VI INFORMATION
Title VI Information (English)
Title VI Information (Spanish)
NOTICE OF BENEFICIARIES
Beneficiaries Notice (English)
Beneficiaries Notice (Spanish)
FMCSA - ANTI DISCRIMINATION NOTICE
Anti Discrimination Notice